ELI Graduate Writing and Speaking Clinics
The ELI Clinics provide members of the University of Michigan, graduate students, GSIs, International Scholars and researchers, with one-on-one feedback and support on their English writing and speaking.
Eligibility: Currently registered graduate students in any U-M school or college may register and attend ELI Graduate Writing and Speaking Clinic appointments.
First Visit? Please register for an account by clicking the link to the left of this announcement.
Which Clinic are you here to make an appointment for? You can Select a Schedule under the log-in boxes to the left of this message.
Once you are logged in, select the Schedule that you wish to view. The Writing Clinic will appear as default, as that is our most popular, but you can also view the Speaking Clinic schedule to make appointments there.
Making an Appointment
While viewing the schedule, available appointment slots will appear as three small white blocks. Click on the left-most block to reserve your 45 minute appointment. Already reserved appointment slots will appear as colored blocks, these are no longer available.
- Writing Clinic appointments are limited to six (6) per term.
- Speaking Clinic appointments are limited to five (5) per term.
- International scholars are limited to one (1) appointment per clinic per term.
- If appointment times are open, same-day drop-in sessions are often available for all graduate students and scholars on a first-come first-served basis.
- Appointments can be made up to one week in advance.
- Please be sure to write down and REMEMBER your WCOnline password as you will need it to log in for EVERY appointment.
Cancellation: If you cannot attend a Studio appointment, you need to cancel at least 12 hours in advance. This makes it possible for another student to make use of Clinic time. If you cannot provide this notice, then you need to appear for your appointment. If you do not appear it will be counted as a no-show, and after 2 no-shows your account will be de-activated for the semester.
Send email to: ELIClinics@umich.edu